10 Reasons to Be Thankful for your Cat this Thanksgiving October 04 2018
'Tis the season for being thankful! And to all you cat people out there, what more is there to be thankful for than the fluff balls that are nearest and dearest to our hearts? Here are ten reasons you should give thanks to your cat for allowing you to be their servant - err, I mean, their human.
1. They tolerate our insistence on dressing them up like birds.
"Is there no end to this humiliation, hoomin? I better get some turkey after this!"
2. They're stress relievers.
Studies have shown that not only do cat purrs heal, but the soothing, rhythmic action of petting a cat can actually trigger the release of endorphins in the human body.
3. They are great bakers!
Really, I mean it! If you don't mind cat fur in your pie.
Seriously, they're great in the kitchen, very efficient. You'll hardly even notice they're there.
4. They're natural-born hunters and providers.
Okay, so not everyone is so thankful for their cat's hunting abilities. No one wants to wake up to a dead lizard in their shoe. But in our cat's eyes, that dead lizard is a gift. It's a way to take care of the sad, sad human that can't hunt for their own food. And that's something to be thankful for.
5. They're surprisingly good at sharing.
In the words of the golden age of Internet memes, "I baked you a pie, but I eated it. And then threw it up so we could share."
6. Cats are pretty arts 'n crafty, too.
Okay, so maybe cats are more "crafty" than "artsy," but they look really adorable as turkeys.
7. Cats teach us to be thankful for the simple things in life.
Appreciate the little things in life: like the cardboard box the really expensive cat present came in.
8. They also teach us to do our best and just bee ourselves.
Even if being yourself is a little awkward.
9. They make the best faces.
10. And last, but certainly not least, they provide you with unconditional love.